Thursday, May 9, 2013

I finally moved out of my Aunt's place.

Hey peeps, I eventually made the move I'd wished for so long. I tried so hard not to whine about it here on my blog, but it was something that really made me depressed. The journey from my Aunt's place to work and back everyday was not something I would even wish my enemies.

Remember, the other Aunt i stayed with in gbagada, the one whose house I ran away from, anyways, I went to visit her when we got talking. She asked me about the house search I embarked on some time ago. I told her the search was stalled because, my brother who I was to live with travelled out and beside, the money burgrtted for it has been spent on something else. She sorta suggested, since she would be moving to her own house, that I could raise the rent for her present place and take over it after she moveed. This idea was beyond fantastic. I was overwhelmed with joy, because Gbagada is a place aftr my heart. There was a dbig BUT. FUNDS! How was I to raise Three hundred thousand Naira in a few weeks, when all the money I make is virtually spent on transport and lunch? So I allowed it slid and tried to forget about everything, making up my mind to endure the transport stress till I enter my husband's house.

One fateful day, while communicating with my Sister, i told her about the proposition of my aunt, and she told me not to alow the opportunity slid but to take it. I explained to her that I didn't want to go around borrowing money from peole to pay and she was like, there was no big deal, but those who really mean well for me would give me a helping hand. I still let it slid

another day, I met with my friend and life coach and told him about everything and he too told me to go for it. Afterall this was like the first step to the better life I had always dreamt of.  After this episode, I summoned the courage and composed a text to send to people I call my friends and those I believed were doing well in general.


"Hi dear. Good Morning. Pls I'm in dere need of fund to help me complete payment for a decent accommodation I found closer to my place of work. It is for 300k, but I've raised only 150 and the arrangement requiresme to raise the cash this february. so I humbly ask yu for a loan of whatever you think you can spare to assist me. I hope to be able to pay back in 4 months. Thanks. Will call you back to get your response"

Above is the text I sent out. Most of them told me later, after I had raised the money that they thought it was a spam message. Some said they had some project at hand so wouldn't be able to spare. Some never responded, didn't even pick when I called. Anyways to cut a very long story short, I raised the cash.

My darling Friend Maureen, She's one in a billion, raised me One hundred and fifty thousand, Another friend, Chinwe raised me Fifty thousand, my dear Dad, raised me another 50. The story with my dad is another one that depressed me so much. When I told him i needed 300 thousand, if he could loan me, he was in summary disappointed that i could after years of working still be asking him for money, when I should have started being responsible for my younger ones. Somehow, i was angry that he thought that way, did he think I had the money and didn't want to help out? I was really angry with him then. Forgiven him and myself though.

I raised the money, my boyfriend delayed me in paying it to my Aunt, he said I should pray about it before going further.

Anyways, after the prayer and fasting, I paid her the money, she gave it to the agent two days later.
......to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment