Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Outing

My birthday was like three weeks ago but it was only last Sunday (two days ago) that I was able to take my neighbors (who are my friends now) and my cousins out, to Alpha beach. The Journey there was phew! I hired a cab to take us from the house to Alpha beach at a price, but after a while the cab driver was like should he turn now? I was like turn to where? We are not there yet! He was like is it not this 'new road' I was referring to? And I was like, but I described where I was going, Alpha beach at New road after Chevron! And he screamed "Ha! If na that place your money no reach oh! I was like "how e no go reach?"


Truthfully, the price he gave was quite cheap but not the outrageous price he was now calling. He anyway refused to come down and I refused to go up more than I thought was normal. So I told him to just drop us at Ajah bus stop so we could just hop on a transit bus (which will help us save lot of cash) and continue on our journey. Anyways, my 'friends' talked to him in their language (yoruba) and he agreed to collect what I proposed. But He still foolishly didn't know the place, so It was when he passed the 'new road' that I was like" Oga we've passed the place now" and He goes like "why you no talk?" I told him that he should have said he didn't know the place. ... And for a Cab driver to say he doesn't know where Alpha beach is, he must be really silly (I didn't tell him this part though)? So drove away from the new road for a long while and then we suddenly hit a serious traffic (BTW the road was demarcated so you can't make a U-turn ) till we got to the round about. Then he angrily dropped us at the new road junction and refused to take us inside to alpha beach. Anyways, I was already pitying him and all the gas and time he'd wasted during the traffic. I didn't really remember how far it was from the new road junction to the beach, I actually thought we could leg it, so we started legging it but it the beach did not come into sight, so we decided to pick one of this keke, but there was no vacant one in sight.
We thought of stopping private cars for a ride, but lever no gree us. Finally, my younger neighbor summoned courage and topped a young guy who was riding solo. While in his car he started a conversation by asking our names, from there I and him started rapporing (rapport) cos we found out we went to the same primary school. He even took us pass the entrance gate to the beach and paid our entrance fee. Nice guy, he had to represent sha, since he said he works in Chevron-big boy.


This are some of the pictures I took of them, too bad I didn't get to enter cos I was behind the camera. I bought them fish and we came with our own drinks and biscuit. it was fun sha!


Going back, I fashied the idea of a charter cab, cos I knew  the price would be outrageous. So we took a bus instead and then a normal taxi (not charter). The cab we entered had this smell it seems only I could perceive. later, my neighbors were harassing the driver that he did not have  side mirrors in is cab, and the driver was defending himself that he did not need the mirrors to drive and he has been driving for over ten years..bla bla bla. I've been driving for over a decade too and the people who put those side mirrors definitely did it for a reason.Anyways, amiss all the argument, (I did not partake in it cos I was really tired), he committed some erroneous driving and the jeep he offended was trying to prove a point and there was an accident (the jeep bashed his own bumper, next time he should learn to control his temper) when our cab driver saw what he'd caused(what he would have avoided if he had his side mirrors) he zoomed off and we his passengers were all screaming to drop us and run away on his own. He finally did after he'd lost sight of the jeep. So we hurriedly dashed down and took another cab home. bla bla bla. It was a fun sha anyways.

chopping fish lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment